Posted by Michael Franklin
Additional Information: My husband has left me and changed the passwords to our checking and savings accounts. The accounts are in his name only so I can’t even get another debit card.  I am in a rented apartment in Westborough (lease under his name) and will not have enough money for rent next month.  Will I be evicted?  What should I do?


Immediately, hire a lawyer, me preferably, to file and serve your husband with a Complaint for Divorce. This will allow you to request Temporary Orders making him responsible for supporting you and maintaining any and all insurance (i.e. medical, dental etc.) for your benefit until a permanent resolution can take place. Filing and getting him served with a Complaint for Divorce will also impose an asset restraining order on him that will prevent him from taking, hiding and selling any and all marital assets until the matter can be resolved. 

Westborough Divorce Lawyer Michael Franklin, provides legal representation to individuals and couples going through divorce in Westboro, Massachusetts and in the neighboring communities in the Worcester county including: Marlborough, Northborough, Southborough, Shrewsbury, Boylston and Berlin.


Attorney Michael Franklin
Westborough Divorce Lawyer
5 State Street, Suite 1F
Worcester, MA 01609