Michael M. Franklin, Esq.
Attorney Michael M. Franklin was born in Worcester, Massachusetts. He began his legal internship in the prestigious family law firm of Norman and Ricci while a junior at Clark University. He maintained a relationship with this firm throughout law school at Western New England College School of Law. Upon graduation from law school, Mr. Franklin worked as an associate attorney at Norman and Ricci. Mr. Franklin has maintained his own law practice since 1995. He has been a certified family law mediator since 2000.
- Clark University, Bachelor of Arts, Economics,Worcester, MA
- Western New England College School of Law, Juris Doctor, Springfield, MA
Admitted to Practice
- Massachusetts, 1990,
- U.S District Court, District of MA, 1991
Michael M. Franklin, Esq. Worcester, MA
- Represented clients for all aspects of litigation in divorce, contempt, modification and paternity actions in the Probate and Family Court (Including motion/trial practice and mediation resolution)
- Prepared and reviewed pleadings and discovery, conducted depositions, attended hearings, researched legal issues, drafted motions and prepared for mediation in course of representation of clients.
- Represented clients for all aspects of criminal defense litigation in District Court (from arraignment through trial)
- Prepared and reviewed documents for residential real estate transactions including HUD, lender settlement packages, deeds, purchase and sale agreements and attended closings
- Prepared wills and health care proxy’s for clients
The Law Offices of Cranston and Cranston, Barre, MA
- Managed and litigated all aspects of matrimonial/family law, personal injury, collections from in-take to trial or settlement
- Prepared and reviewed documents for residential real estate purchases and sale transactions including HUD, Lender Settlement packages and attended closings
- Drafted legal documents including detailed pleadings, discovery devices, stipulations and orders, legal briefs, memoranda, and motions regarding substantive and procedural issues.
The Law Offices of Norman and Ricci, Worcester, MA
- Drafted requisite documents for all aspects of matrimonial/family law, including complaints, motions, memorandums of law, interrogatories, request for production of documents, deposition and trial subpoenas, trial and post trial pleadings.
- Conducted legal research for all issues pertaining to matrimonial and family law
- Acted as lead counsel for many matrimonial/family law and collection law matters
Professional Memberships and Status
- Member of Massachusetts and Worcester County Bar Associations
- Divorce and Family Law Mediator
- Past Master of Level Lodge, Shrewsbury, Ma
- Member of BNI (Business Network International)