Posted by Michael Franklin
Additional Information: I left my husband 5 years ago and moved out of state (we were married and lived in Northborough, MA). When I moved, we just needed a break.  Can we remain separated indefinitely or do we eventually have to divorce?


You may stay separated as long as you like but you will still be considered married. By not proceeding with and obtaining a divorce, he would have the ability to claim a share of your assets that you acquire post separation and he will have the right to claim a share of your estate should you pass away. 

Northborough Divorce Attorney Michael Franklin, provides legal representation to individuals and couples going through divorce in Northborough, Massachusetts and in the neighboring communities in the Worcester county including: Marlborough, Southborough, Westborough, Shrewsbury, Boylston and Berlin.


Attorney Michael Franklin
Northborough Divorce Lawyer
5 State Street, Suite 1F
Worcester, MA 01609