Posted by Michael Franklin
Additional Information: I was assaulted by a customer at my place of business and broke my jaw and nose.  I have witness statements and video of the incident. By the time Spencer police arrived, the customer had already left the premises. Can I sue him for my medical bills and injuries?


If Spencer Police filed a criminal charge of Assault and Battery against this customer, you are entitled to restitution for medical bills resulting from your injuries. The assistant district attorney will be in touch with you regarding this. Otherwise, you are entitled to file your own criminal complaint for Assault and Battery with the District Court Clerk’s Office. Keep all documentation relative to your out of pocket expenses. In addition, you can sue the customer in civil court for further monetary damages as a result of your injuries (i.e. permanent injuries, pain and suffering). You will need a lawyer to do this effectively. 

Spencer Criminal Law Attorney, Michael Franklin, provides legal representation to individuals  in Spencer and throughout Worcester county including the communities of: Worcester, West Boylston, Shrewsbury, Grafton, Auburn, Millbury, Leicester, Paxton, and Holden.

Attorney Michael Franklin
Spencer Criminal Law Attorney
5 State Street, Suite 1F
Worcester, MA 01609