Additional Information:

When I got married, I moved into my wife’s house in Grafton.  We never added my name to the deed.  We are now getting divorced and I want to keep the house. Do I have any rights to it?


Yes, any property real or personal acquired during the marriage, regardless of whose name it is in, is considered marital property and is subject to division by the Court. Therefore, you do have rights to share in the equity of the real estate. 

Grafton Divorce Attorney Michael Franklin, provides legal representation to individuals and couples going through divorce in Grafton, Massachusetts and in the neighboring communities in the Worcester County region including the cities and towns of Worcester, Edgemere, Westborough, Shrewsbury and Millbury.


Attorney Michael Franklin
Grafton Divorce Attorney
5 State Street, Suite 1F
Worcester, MA 01609