Additional Information:

I’ve was dating this guy for several months and he has been very respectful of me and kind to me. Then I found out he sometimes sells cocaine to friends and friends of friends in small amounts. He had asked me a couple of times to drive him to downtown Worcester to meet up with “a friend” but I said “no”.  I broke up with him last week because his drug dealing seemed to be turning into a full time thing. Do I legally have to tell the police what I know?  I don’t really want to get him in trouble but I want to do the right thing and I don’t want to get in trouble down the road.


You have no privilege not to testify because you are not married to this man. If your ex-boyfriend has been charged and the Assistant District Attorney serves you with a summons to go to Court, you must go and testify if required. However, if your ex-boyfriend has not been charged you are not required to speak with the police or tell them anything if you choose not to. 

Criminal Defense Lawyer Michael Franklin, provides legal representation to individuals in the area of criminal law in Worcester MA and in the neighboring communities in Worcester County region including the cities and towns of Auburn, Boylston, Clinton, Charlton, Holden, Leominster, Leicester, Paxton, Shrewsbury, Sturbridge, Westborough, Northborough, Webster, Dudley, and Oxford, Massachusetts.


Attorney Michael Franklin
Criminal Defense Lawyer
5 State Street, Suite 1F
Worcester, MA 01609