If you are the non-custodial parent, not being able to spend time with your child on a daily basis can be painful. Regular visitation should help but if the other parent is not cooperative or if you have not been granted visitation, you could be wondering what steps you need to take in order to spend more time with your child. I am experienced in Massachusetts divorce and family law and I can help.

If you don’t have a parenting schedule with your children then you will need to go to court to get one.

On the other hand, if a judge has ordered a parenting schedule but the custodial parent is not cooperating, you will need to file a complaint for contempt to enforce it. It can be challenging to deal with a custodial parent who is not willing to budge but it is important to follow the proper legal procedure in order to obtain your desired outcome.

You have the right to see your children on a consistent basis. Whether you need help with a parenting schedule or other aspects of your case, I can help. Please call my office to schedule a consultation.