Additional Information:

My ex-husband and I have been divorced for almost 6 years and he has been promoted so his income has changed.  Furthermore, rent for our Paxton apartment has increased significantly.  What is the process for a divorce modification for increased alimony and child support, and is it difficult?


This depends on what you want to change. Generally, divorce judgments are not written in stone as to issues of custody, medical insurance, alimony, child support, visitation and issues related to the child or children such as college. These provisions can be modified with the first step being the filing of a Complaint for Modification. In order to obtain a modification of a divorce judgment, a substantial change in circumstances must be shown. This is achievable in most cases because the Court understands that things can change over time.

However, if you want to modify the terms of how property was divided, this tends to be extremely difficult to do. 

Paxton Divorce Modification Lawyer Michael Franklin, provides legal representation to individuals in the area of divorce and family law in Paxton MA and in the neighboring communities in Worcester County region including the cities and towns of Auburn, Boylston, Clinton, Charlton, Holden, Leicester, Leominster, Shrewsbury, Sturbridge, Westborough, Northborough, Webster, Dudley, and Oxford, Massachusetts.


Attorney Michael Franklin
Paxton Divorce Modification Lawyer
5 State Street, Suite 1F
Worcester, MA 01609