Additional Information:

We got married and we realized quickly afterward that it was a mistake.  In Massachusetts is there a waiting period before you can file papers for an uncontested divorce?


No, you may file for a divorce or an annulment after the marriage with no waiting period. It sounds like you may want to consider an annulment because of your quick realization that the marriage was a mistake.

Worcester County divorce lawyer, Michael Franklin, represents individuals in all family law and divorce related matters throughout Worcester and the Worcester County region including the cities and towns of Auburn, Boylston, Clinton, Charlton, Holden, Leominster, Leicester, Paxton, Shrewsbury, Sturbridge, Westborough, Northborough, Webster, Dudley, and Oxford, Massachusetts.

Attorney Michael Franklin
Worcester County Divorce Lawyer
5 State Street, Suite 1F
Worcester, MA 01609