Additional Information:

My ex and I have agreed to lowered payments and we have drawn up a new agreement which we both signed. The problem is that every time she gets angry she threatens to take me to court for back child support based on the previous amount in the divorce decree, reneging on our new signed agreement. Is what we did legally binding or can she sue me for back child support?


Unless your agreement is approved by the Court, it is not considered a valid Modification of the prior Court Judgment or Order. You may find that you owe the difference between what you paid in support and what the previous Court Order or Judgment required you to pay.

Worcester child support modification lawyer, Attorney Michael Franklin represents individuals in child support and family law related matters throughout the Worcester and the Worcester County region including the cities and towns of Auburn, Boylston, Clinton, Charlton, Holden, Leominster, Leicester, Paxton, Shrewsbury, Sturbridge, Westborough, Northborough, Webster, Dudley, and Oxford, Massachusetts.

Attorney Michael Franklin
Worcester Child Support Lawyer
5 State Street, Suite 1F
Worcester, MA 01609